APRIL 16-18, 2020 | ALAMOSA, COLORADO
The Colorado-Wyoming Association of Museums is excited to announce their 2020 annual meeting in Alamosa,in the Mystic San Luis Valley, Colorado. Our theme is
(re)Discovering Your Communities
and we will showcase panels, presentations, and workshops that focus on the many different communities that our institutions support and that support us.
We are all part of many different communities from our local neighborhoods to the larger community of museum professionals. This annual meeting will explore the ways in which we can better engage the communities that make up our audiences and how we can tap into the communities that can offer our museums their help and support.
Registration is now open! Register by March 13 for best rates!
Location: Adams State University, Student Union Building
- Eric Carpio - director for Fort Garland Museum
- Jim Loud - director for Creede Historical Society
- Julie Chacon - executive director, Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area
- SLV-Alamosa Museum - for the closing reception
- Fort Garland Museum - for the welcome reception
- Dr. Nick Saenz - associate professor, ASU
- Caroline Gabe, assistant professor, ASU
- Luther Bean Museum - featured exhibit
- Adams State Univeristy campus - historic walking tour
- Town of Alamosa - historic walking tour
- Homelake Veterans' History Museum - for a peer assessment
- Semillas de la Tierra - performance during lunch